The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, August 28, 2006

im westen nicht neues

All quiet on the western front.
Not a shot fired in anger in the past six months.
No buffoonic phone calls.
No innuendo laden emails.
Nothing.
You could be forgiven for thinking I've won.
Yes things are quiet.
I've been tempted sometimes for sheer divilment to renew hostilities.
But I am sure of one thing.
Boredom is not a good reason to go to war.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you not heard of the ominous "Things were quiet -------too quiet"

4:34 PM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Well, since it was a Divine response, I'll not argue....but had it not been, I might have said something like....eeegh....sometimes it does a bit of good to lob a stone into a pool that seems -like Daly says- ominously quiet.....

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home