The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, November 02, 2006

the eagle has landed

Mags Masefield exits the bedroom, arms piled high with items of my clothing.
She meets me in the hall.
I resist the urge to salute.
She favours me with a look that is positively devilish.
"Are you letting your dog sleep on all the beds now?" she enquires briskly as she disappears up the stairs.
I am for a moment too moved to answer.
Later the Mammy finds me engaged in the time honoured practice of grinding my teeth in the kitchen.
"I see you're still full of working class solidarity for the cleaning lady," chuckles the aged parent.
My face is a study.
"Liller old pal," I reply, "she's starting to seriously annoy the young master of the house."

4 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

She's annoying Paddy pup?

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any time she gets on your nerves, feel free to send her over to my house for a few hours. She sounds like she could whip this place into shape.

5:19 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee, Paddington loves her.
Gen, she could!
J

12:57 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

What! Paddy Pup letting the side down! No more hankies for him.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home