The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

joining up the dots

Yesterday Tuesday 7th October 2008, at 4.45am Irish Time, (1.45pm Australian Time), a Qantas jet plane with 300 passengers on board made a forced landing in Western Australia.
Reports say 40 of the passengers suffered broken bones, lacerations and other injuries.
No one was killed.
On Tuesday 7th October at 4.50am Irish Time, (five minutes after the forced landing incident in Western Australia) someone in the Philippines logged on to The Heelers Diaries.
The visit was recorded on the statistics monitor (stat counter) which you may access at the bottom of this page by clicking on the appropriate icon.
The visitor from the Philippines logged on to an article I published here on Wednesday 6th August 2008.
The article concerned the forced landings of three other Qantas planes and speculated that Al Qaeda had infiltrated airline maintenance facilities with a view to committing more mass murders in the free world.
I wonder who in the Philippines was visiting the Heelers Diaries to read an old article about downed Qantas airliners, just five minutes after another Qantas plane went down.

Since I published the August article Qantas has grounded six other planes due to what airline spokespersons called "maintenance issues."
Investigators dealing with yesterday's downing of a Qantas plane have already announced that the plane's flight computer showed unexplained anomalous readings.

This morning Wednesday 8th October at 5.30am approx, I was sitting in the front room at the Chateau de Healy.
I had just decided to write something about the latest downed Qantas plane.
I stood up.
A framed photograph of my mother and father crashed from a shelf to the ground.
This seemed quite strange.
Calmly I fetched an image of the Divine Mercy (Jesus with red and blue light coming from his heart) and prayed in front of it.
I said: "God I don't care if it's an evil spirit, or my own mental derangement, or just a photo falling down off the shelf. You are all that I care about. I wish to know if my writing about Muslim terrorism is wrong. Am I contributing to hatred or racism or evil? I do not wish to offend you or to add to the sum total of evil in the world."
Then I prayed a decade of the rosary.
Then I wrote what you are reading now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

If it is the truth and you strongly feel that it should be expressed, is that contributing to hatred or racism or evil?

4:53 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

You're right Gen but it's a situation that calls for spiritual discernment.
J

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home