The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

another dazzling prediction from the mighty heelers

The Mammy and me sitting in the front room at the old chateau some days ago.
"There's snow coming," said the aged parent.
"What makes you think that?" sez I.
"The weather forecasters are predicting it," quoth she.
I shook my handsome head.
"Pshaw Mama," proclaimeth I with some asperity. "Have you ever known those half wits to get it right? If they're predicting snow we're almost certainly about to have a heat wave."
"They seem fairly confident," ventured the Mammy.
"Oh yes?" quoth me.
"Yes," said she.
"And why's that?" quoth me.
There was a moment's pause.
"There's been a ton of snow in England," she explained cautiously. "The wind is blowing in this direction. The weather forecasters don't have to be geniuses to conclude we're going to get some."
I made a few tut tut sounds.
Pitying ones.
"The weather forecasters are clueless," sez I grandly. "I tell you there will be no snow. I'd stake my reputation on it."

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Reputation schmeputation........
Who bet his last few bob on John Mc Cain???
Can you please share with me in advance your next flutter so that I can bet on the opposite?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Ah.....

12:54 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Arghhh.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home