The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

gloriole

Long after midnight.
Walking with Paddy Pup on the avenue.
Gospel shiver of wind through the leaves in the garden of my father.
The warm breeze ruffles my hair.
The natural world is praising God.
Suddenly my spirit becomes absolutely still.
What am I feeling?
Something different.
Between worlds.
Almost out of this one.
Sensing the spirit behind every rejoicing physical thing.
Humble before the throne of heaven.
Why?
It's my cousin Jennifer.
It must be.
I haven't felt this since the night ten years ago she was married.
It's exactly the same sensation.
The reverence.
The exultation of nature.
And tonight her child is due to come into the world.
The garden is alive with spirit just as it was then.
God has given me this rhyme.
This rhyme of memory and spirit.
All of nature stands electric at the prospect of continuance.
In the warm wind's ruffle I contemplate the majesty of the creator.
The holyness of the moment is sweet as incense.
Truly.
Holy, holy, holy Lord.
God of power and might.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosannah in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosannah in the highest.
God bless you Jennifer and your child in this hour.
Hosannah in the highest.
Hallelujah.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home