The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, June 07, 2009

2 visions

at 6am
the gun first pressed to her brow
ten years ago
by the editor of cosmopolitan magazine
all spandex and day glo
and by the creative consultants of sundry advertising companies
like grinning puppets in a row
and by the programme planners of itv rte and the bbc
no no no
went off
and the body she had starved for so long
to attain their image
to obey their decree
made tangled
made desolate
made broken
ceased to be

at 6am
jesus woke her from her sleep
that's enough suffering for one lifetime
come with me
walking down d'olier street
they chatted like old friends
and she realised at last
that the rain is diamonds

5 Comments:

Anonymous MissJean said...

James, I don't know how to link to this poem of yours, but I want to. This is so amazing that I want my readers (all four of them) to see it.

4:03 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

It should link MJ. Attach the whozit to the didgerdoo. Okay, okay. I haven't got a clue.
J

1:34 AM  
Anonymous MissJean said...

Well, I've posted it with attribution on my site. If you don't like it, please let me know on the comments and I'll take it down.

Also, I loved "Auld Aquaintance". But is it you or he that is the worse off?

1:50 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Hey MJ.
Whatever you do is okay by me. I'd trust you with my life. Well, my poetry anyway!
J

4:43 AM  
Anonymous MissJean said...

Well, James, trusting me with your poetry is much more than your life. :) I'm blushing at the compliment!

-MJ

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home