The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

belladonna

dead relatives in a photograph
watch me from the wall
shell shocked at my decision
i sit and write alone
i might have loved you once
but i will never love you now

night is at the window
the years are at my door
what was wrought in darkness
shines brightly all the more
and what will never be
has its own brief allure

a spirit restless brooding
in a body growing old
sifts the drifting embers
through the ashes of my soul
they say love lights the universe
but the universe is cold

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

I particularly like the second stanza.

You can't have light without heat. However, distance diminishes heat more than it does light.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home