The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, October 25, 2009

my love is like a red red metaphor

my love for you is more pretentious
than john keats' love for fanny brawne
my love for you is more tendentious
than oscar wilde's love for bayonne
my love for you is more swantentious
than a swan's love for another swan
 
my love for you is more of today
than the latest music from the united states
my love for you is richer far
than all the riches of bill gates
my love for you is more deeply imbued with meaning than the hieroglyphics in the great pyramid
which by the way it predates
 
my love for you is more mystical
than the eternal wheel of destiny
my love for you is more speckled with stars
than galaxy azmx769843
my love for is beyond price
okay then 50p

4 Comments:

Anonymous MissJean said...

You had me at "pretentious". If only more men could admit that their love is only worth 50p. :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

MJ, it's my false modesty routine!
James

2:12 PM  
Anonymous MissJean said...

Is that like your clown routine, but without the red wig, funny nose, and seltzer bottle?
MJ

12:47 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

MJ, you know the red wig, nose and seltzer bottle come with the territory. They're part of all my routines.
J

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home