The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, December 31, 2009

four graces

God help the young man who set himself on fire on the plane in order to try and kill his fellow passengers at Detroit on Christmas day.
It was a terrible thing to do to himself.
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
God help him.
I can think of four graces received over the Christmas.
One was that the Jihadi who set himself on fire at Detroit didn't manage to kill anyone.
A second was when a plane in Kingston, Jamaica skidded off the runway and broke in two and no one was killed there either.
A third was when a woman knocked over the Pope in Saint Peter's basilica at midnight mass and didn't manage to do any damage. (French Cardinal Roger Ethegaray who got a broken leg in the scuffle might dispute my no damage scenario.)
I suppose a fourth grace was a personal one for me when I found I could pray for the young man who set himself on fire on the plane at Detroit.
Four graces.
Four gifts at Christmas
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home