The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, January 18, 2010

the winter of my discombobulation

Afternoon at the Riverbank cafe in the town of Newbridge.
Sexicia Du Bois, long haired and lissom limbed, sitting at a corner table.
It is not at all impossible that she is smiling slow and sad at me across the room.
The ghost of John Keats appears at my shoulder.
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever Heelers," he murmurs sagely.
There is a moment's pause.
"Rubbish Keatsy," I harrumph. "A thing of beauty is infinitely depressing."

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Coincidentally, this was supposedly "Blue Monday", the most depressing day of the year.

4:48 AM  
Anonymous MissJean said...

I thought that was the day after St. Valentine's Day. ;)

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home