The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

the wiz

The noble Heelers walking through the snowscape in the town of Naas.
Naas is the commercial capital of the region where I live.
Precious few of the traders here are inclined to do anything so menial as shovel snow.
Someone else will clear it.
So the pavements are covered.
I trudge along.
Ahead of me two grinning teenagers lurk in a doorway.
They are clutching snowballs.
I favour them with my famous Paddington Bear stare.
"If you throw one snowball at me I'll break your faces," I snarl pleasantly.
Dude and Duder nod grinnily.
I pass on by.
A few yards up the street, the first snowball thuds into the small of my back.
Then another hits my head.
Then.
Thud, thud, thunch, thunch, thud, thud, thunch.
I keep walking.
I always think the greatest crimes are the crimes against human dignity.
Particularly mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Do you have an abnormal amount of snow this year?

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home