The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, March 14, 2010

special guest blogger john keats

Ode To A Nightingale

My heart aches and a drowsy numbness pains
my senses as though of hemlock I had drunk

or lost a grand on Wales
emptying a collossal wodge of cash to the drains
one moment past and lethwards had sunk

Gnurgggghh.
Worse than backing John McCain
For the American Presidency
When even Mickey Mouse was voting Obama
I am never ever gambling again.
And look at the goonish twits who backed the Paddies

Against the Welsh
Tis not through envy of thy happy lot oh goons
But being too happy in thine happiness
I mean you haven't a clue
You backed the wrong horse and still you won
And that is why
You victorious goons
You light winged dryads of cluelessness
in some melodious plot
of beechen green and shadows numberless
Or more probably in Charlie Dowling's Pub
Thou singest of Summer in full throated ease.
May ye die roaring.
Gamblers have no country.

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Next time, just ignore your brother!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home