The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

tolling the hours six bells

1. Within hours of the French, British, American intervention in Libya to enforce the No-Fly zone as requested by the Arab League and the United Nations, Mister Amir Moussa chief of the Arab League was denouncing the French, British and Americans for exceeding the mandate of the UN No-Fly zone resolution. Well you can't say I didn't warn you.

2. Sky News has taken to introducing Lisa Holland's reports from Libya with the disclaimer: "Lisa Holland's reports are produced under Libyan government control." Too little, too late Sky. You only introduced your disclaimer after I highlighted the fact that Lisa Holland was no match for Saif Gadaffi and her fawning interviews with him were helping turn the tide against the rebels. Still, it's quite amusing watching Lisa Holland's face which looks volcanic every time she's introduced as being "under Libyan government control."
Sky News is of course a massive financial loss maker which Rupert Murdoch is compelled to finance by British government legislation if he wants to do business in Britain. Because Sky News makes no profits. It is not accountable in any conventional way to the public. The only serious private sector revenue which Sky receives, aside from the free money provided compulsorily by Mr Murdoch, comes via sponsorship from the Islamic royal family of Qatar, the same people who finance Al Jazeera, the Nazi channel.

3. Why is Barack Obama touring Brazil and Chile while American pilots are risking their lives over Libya? Does he not think this crisis is important enough for him to stay in the office? Hey Barack, the Russians are involved here too. Come home Barack. Come home you twit and do a day's work for a change.

4. Anyone who bombs the Gadaffi's and leaves them alive... he know notheeng about Tuco.

5. I hope Barack knows what he's doing. I hope he isn't as clueless as I suspect he is. I hope he hasn't just used the American navy and airforce and a billion dollars worth of cruise missiles to help a French President feel a bit more manly. President Sarkozy, who led the charge for Western intervention, you will remember was the one who dumped his wife and married a silly ex supermodel within months of gaining high office. If he thinks the French Presidency is merely an excuse to meet hot hags, what on earth does he think Libya is? Anyhoo. I sure wouldn't ask anyone to die for him. I know I'm sneering. And I know when I'm sneering I'm really sneering at myself. But I'm just saying Barack, I hope you know what you're doing.

6. Dear President Sarkozy, anyone who bombs the Gadaffi's and leaves them alive etc etc. Now would be a very good time to increase your security on the Paris metro and the Eiffel tower. Watch your back Jacques. I'm just saying is all. These are very bad people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home