The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, September 11, 2011

yankenstein

Coffee with Yankee Joe.
I say some mildly critical things about the peace loving religion of Islam and its adherents.
He groans as one who is suffering beyond endurance.
"For God's sake Heelers," he says. "Get over it. We had to get over Pearl Harbour. And thankfully we did because the Japanese make great electronics and great cars."
"You think I'm like someone who has never forgiven the Japanese for Pearl Harbour?"
"Yes."
"And you think I should get over it?"
"Yes, you definitely should. You're getting like a scratched record."
"And you think I'm racist?"
"Well you know. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck..."
I take one of my dramatic pauses.
"Alright," I tell him. "I do think the world is currently threatened by the dysfunctions arising among Muslims, their society, their religion and their culture. And I do think the Muslim terror armies which threaten us all are serious about their business to the extent that they make the Imperial Japanese, German Nazis and Soviet Communists look like rank amateurs. I've gotta tell you, it gets a bit frustrating when any of us who attempt to point out the truth about these things are immediately accused of being racist."
"I'm just saying," quoth he, "that there were a lot of people who never forgave the Japanese. But we eventually had to get over it. That's what you need to do. Get on with your life."
"There's an important difference between the situation with the Japanese and the situation with the Muslims," I answer softly. "The Japanese lost that war and were in no doubt that they had lost. The Muslims haven't lost anything. They're still blazing away at everything that moves. All over the world. Last week Muslim terrorists bombed the High Court in New Delhi in India. A week before that Muslim terrorists killed more than two dozen people in Western China. They're at war with all of us. Their war isn't over. It's only just begun."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home