The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, April 30, 2020

ode to a thought

oh glistening thought
surely you are more
than chemistry
woven into cell structure
electronically varied
by genetic dispositions
in the voodoo of my biology
and apelike inhibitions

i must know
are you an ontology
or just some whiff of the primordial soup
wafting through my neurology

come now glistening thought
you can be blunt with me
surely you are more
than a meaningless emission
an excrescence of physicality
accidentally dialled up
by duelling genes
over centuries of heredity

oh tell me you are more
i need you to be more
say you are an ontology
and not just some peudopod
of relativist codology

is the wondrousness of my speech
just a bullock belling in the fields
an elephant trumpetting in the forest
a bat squeak
even these
are wondrous enough for me
i think therefore i am
neigh
i am therefore i think

let us be honest with each other glistening thought
if i am chemistry merely
what is your role
what is the keynote
that makes you shine
and how can i ask this and be without a soul
for you are an emblem of God
and yet your are mine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home