The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, February 13, 2021

jurassic perkiness

The first time we set the humane non lethal mouse trap, it took less than an hour to catch him.

Since he's returned, it's been four days.

For four days he's ignored the trap baited with cheese.

As I stare at the trap, the ghost of Jeff Goldblum from the vapid enough movie Jurassic Park appears beside me.

"He's learning," says Jeff Goldblum Jeff Goldblumily.

The printed instruction leaflet that came with the trap had recommended chocolate or peanut butter as bait.

I go to my kitchen.

From the top shelf I remove one of my secret stash of Cadburys chocolate Easter gugs.

"Okay Mouse," I mutter a al Jack Nicholson from the superbly cast but useless movie A Few Good Men, "you've just ****** with wrong marine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home