The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

if the joke needs an explanation it's not a good joke

 

In bed.

Pancho at the end of the bed is making his usual Jack Russell sounds in sleep.

There's a breath, then a a grunt, then a long drawn out "rrrrrrrrrrrr" sound.

I nudge him.

The sounds cease.

Then they start again.

Another nudge.

This time the sounds don't cease.

I'm wondering how long he can keep it going if I just ignore him.

Sigh... Mrummph,.. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, rrrrrr, rrrrrr, rrrr."

Begin again.

Over and over.

Finally I can take it no more.

"Pancho," I cry. "Will you for ****'s sake shut up. It's like I'm sleeping with Arantxa Sanchez."

For legal reasons bold travellers of the internet, I must add that I have never slept with Arantxa Sanchez.

She didn't let me get a wink of sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home