The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, June 25, 2006

aftermath

Half an hour after seeing our lights in the sky, I tentatively asked the Dad did he think we should go to the media.
"Sure why not," sez he.
At 3.30am in the morning I began to ring newsrooms.
Fox News in New York: "I'll put you through to a voice mail and you can leave some details and your number."
Sky News in London: "I'll give you the number of our Dublin office."
Sky News in Dublin: "There is no one here at the moment but you can leave your name and number after the tone."
The Irish Independent newspaper: "I'm a security man. There's no one here. Ring back in the morning."
The Irish Times: "I'll take your number and call you back later."
The Sun (Irish Edition): "You're through to our London office. Maybe if you give a ring in the morning."

It's a rum world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home