The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

meditatio

Light mist of midnight rain in the garden of my father. Paddy Pup snuffling among the fallen leaves of Autumn. A great stillness in my spirit.
Earlier today in the Stephens Green Centre cafe I opened a newspaper and beheld another bunch of terrorists up in court for planning mass murder.
The man who planned the murders in Madrid got ten years.
For a moment I felt the old useless anger. Briefly it threatened to consume me.
Then la belle Arabe appeared like an angel of light, sat at an adjoining table and favoured me with a mischievous smile. I was very grateful to see her. Because my afternoon immediately became about her and nothing else.
She had rescued me from something unworthy of myself.
But an hour later she was gone and I was alone again.
The newspaper on the table was once more calling for my attention.
Futile lunatic rage was not too far away.
I hesitated to pick up the paper.
My mind was a sea of questions.
Why do I still get angry about these things?
Why do I care about soft sentencing for murderers?
Why do I worry about the media trying to discredit the American President and the British Prime Minister?
What on earth has any of it got to do with me?
There is a reason bold readers.
A reason why I dare to dissent from the quisling consensus of the BBC, ITV, RTE, NBC, Time magazine, Newsweek, the Daily Mirror, the Washington Post and all their fellow travellers in appeasement.
Unlike them... I know we can still lose this war.

3 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

There are too many lazy thinkers out there James and that's the truth.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

But actually, I agree with you. It is a war that 'they' must never be allowed to win and I thoroughly despise the media for being so lame. They should be exposing the real threat instead of whining lamely about how Bush and Blair should be charged with murder. Lazy thinking.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows what will happen now that the U.S. Congress has changed hands? I shudder to think we may indeed lose the war. May God have mercy on us all.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home