The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

bliss was it

The open road.
Esmerelda rattling around me.
(Esmerelda is my car.)
Paddy Pup in the back seat grinning.
I am singing lustily.
My song goes:
"Have you noticed,
Sheepdogs are still stealing socks?
You might hide them in the cupboard,
Or keep them under locks.
The Mammy and Heelers
Constantly scorn them,
But sheepdogs are still stealing socks,
And nothing can stop them..."

Truly bold readers I am a man of simple pleasures.

3 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Well those around you were just darned lucky that Paddington Pup didn't join in. What a cacophony that would have been.
Also, some dogs might have nipped a person's ear for such teasing.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

My car is named Bernadine. My husband drives Gunther, the truck. My daughter's car is Sidney. :D

You are certainly getting a lot of good out of that song. I will have to ask my son if he has heard it.

6:20 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee he never bites. Just steals my socks.
Gen, great car names!
J

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home