The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

betty who

Lunch with the Mammy and Doctor Barn in the Chat and Chew.
An old While I'm At It reader approaching our table.
"I read you every week," she cries. "I never miss it."
Her compliment has to be taken with a pinch of salt since the column hasn't been published for more than a year.
Ah life you bauble...
Still at least it wasn't one of Daktari's fans.
I mean I get tired of that very quick.
"Hey Doc," sez I when my fan has gone. "Do your patients ever come up to you and thank you for operations you didn't perform?"
We are in the window seats.
Outside sunshine breaking through the showers.
School children wandering down Main Street in flocks.
Newbridge revels in its afternoon.
I am with my family but strangely absent.
This morning Divya told me I must write a book.
Her words have been with me every moment since.
Yes folks, with all my other complications, I've somehow managed to pick up a Hindu Betty Blue.
Who knows what acts of creative genius she'll drive me to?
Ah life you bauble... Come to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Er...........but what did the Mammy have to say? Come on James, you know what the readers want to hear !

2:51 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

I think it's a great idea for you to write a book. Be sure to put lots of little stories and amusing anecdotes about the Mammy in it for Schnee. And you know who I like. ;)

But then, I suppose there is the possibility that you might write a book on something besides your daily adventures.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooooo!!! Not yet a book!!!!!!! Please....

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bia.

4:46 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schnee, you know she's making me pay royalties.
Gen, you are influencing the winds of destiny! (For the better.)
Bia, la nostra relazione e qualche cosa di diverso. Non e per niente amore. Non e forse neanche sesso... No seriously.
J

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home