The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, May 14, 2007

like butter wouldn't melt in my mouth

"You'd better bring some light reading to keep you entertained on your honeymoon. I mean during the quieter moments."
Pauline eyed me warily.
"Thank you for your advice," she said with the air of one who wanted to hear nothing further.
But the advice was by no means finished.
"You should bring a copy of that Annie Dilwad book you used to love," sez I. "You know. A Pill At Tinker Creek."
Pauline smiled.
"Annie Dillard converted to Catholicism," she told me.
My little heart leapt.
"No really?" I cried. "I aways knew there was something about that girl. Something I liked. The writing was alive. There was spirit in it. You can always tell. Seriously though Pauline, would you have a copy of A Pilgrim At Tinker Creek? I'd like to give it another look..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home