The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, July 20, 2007

which came first

Afternoon tea at the Chateau de Healy.
"What was that picture you put on your blog last night?" wondered the Mammy.
"What did you think it was?" sez I.
"It looked like a hen laying an egg," sez she.
I allowed himself a sharp intake of breath.
"It's a dove and a forest contained in a tear drop," I explained with measured dignity. "The dove might be the dove of peace or the holy spirit or both. The forest might be the healing of our wounded world."
There was a moment's silence.
"Oh," said Lil.
"What did you think the hen and the egg had to do with the caption amor vincit omnia?" I enquired a trifle tersely.
"I thought you were just being pretentious," shot back she without hesitation.
And somewhere not too far away the soundtrack to The Good The Bad And The Ugly went: "Aaahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
A prophet is never welcome in his own chateau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home