The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, April 06, 2008

london days

London welcomed me with all the indifference she reserves for her favoured sons.
I am sitting at Trafalgar Square in warm sunshine.
A magnificent tide of humanity swirls past.
Behind me is the National Art Gallery.
Big Ben and the houses of parliament can be seen straight ahead.
The news is full of stories about the splicing of human and animal embryos.
I am sitting here at the cultural heart of the free world, the temporal and spiritual realm I once dreamed of conquering with my art, and I am shaking my head gently.
If we offend God, if he withdraws his favour from us, the barbarians will win this war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home