The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, August 02, 2009

the monica leech laugh in

Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader are having a climactic light sabre duel.
The fighting is intense.
The light sabres clash repeatedly unleashing blue and red sparks.
Vader grabs Luke by the collar.
"Luuuuuuke," he rasps. "I know what you got Obi Wan Kenobi for Christmas. You got him a... jigsaw!"
Horror fills Luke's eyes.
He breaks free and swings his light sabre.
Vader parries.
For a moment there is nothing but a confused flurry of blows.
Then Vader has Luke in a clinch again.
"Luuuuuke," he rasps. "I know what you got Han Solo for Christmas. You got him a... woolly jumper!"
Again horror fills Luke's eyes.
Again he breaks free.
The light sabres clash and lock together.
Luke and Vader are once more grappling eye to eye.
"Luuuuke," rasps Vader. "I know what you got Princess Leia for Christmas. You got her a... bottle of perfume!"
Luke can stand no more.
"Alright Lord Vader," he says. "But how do you know what I got them for Christmas."
Vader grins.
"I felt your presents Luke," he rasps with an air of finality.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

*groan*

I enjoyed it, though.

11:13 PM  
Blogger heelers said...

Hey Gen.
I overheard a girl telling her friend that story on the train from Dublin to Galway ten years ago. She told it rather well. Acting out the fight scenes. Making light sabre sounds. Doing Vader's rasping breath. She came to the punchline as the train pulled into Galway station. With all the hubbub of people preparing to get off, I didn't hear how it ended. So I walked up to her and asked for the punchline. She obliged. And I've been waiting to use it in something ever since. There's a version of my Dracula film where the Scottish vampire hunter Jock Stroggart tells this joke to a bunch of unimpressed vampires in casle Dracula.
J

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home