The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

dances with saudis

Coffee with Russki Dux.
Heartbreakingly pretty.
Not the coffees.
Her.
She told me she'd been at a party with some of her Russian friends and a few Saudis.
"Russians get on with Saudi's?" I asked somewhat surprised.
"Yes we're very alike," she said.
"Oh God," said I.
"What?" said she.
"Were there many women at the party?" I probed.
"Just us Russian girls," said she.
"You know women aren't allowed drive cars in Saudi Arabia," murmured I.
"I don't know about that," said she.
"You know women aren't even allowed walk down the street without a man in Saudi Arabia," I ventured.
"These guys aren't like that," said she.
"Any of em terrorists?" persisted I.
"Oh James they're just students," said she.
"Did they show respect to you as a woman?" I asked.
"They were perfect gentlemen," said she.
I thought for a moment.
"And why do you think," said I, "there are no Saudi girls at parties in Dublin?"
She was quiet for long moments after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home