The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, January 28, 2010

flashback

From The Heelers Diaries, twelve years ago.
 
Friday 3rd July 1998:
 
Tired and drawn. Trip to Naas, then Athy, then Monasterevin. Didn't do much except drive.
 
In the bosom of my family. Marie and Edward called. The Mam and I played Scrabble. Shower. Dog walks. Prayer.
 
War in Kosovo. Serbs again. Balkans again. History repeats.
 
The abortion age continues seemingly unstoppable. Politicians steward Ireland towards ecnomic collapse while parrotting cretinisms about Celtic Tigers. Scientists engineer life in test tubes and destroy it there. Women begin to believe they are the mannequins they see on screen.
 
I renounce the age.
I criminal.
I poet.
Now to live honestly.
Humbly.
Taking joy from family and from the tasks God sends.
Life justifies itself.
Even now.
God from God.
Light from Light.
True God grom true God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home