The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

meditations in green

"Argggghhhhh!" I said pleasantly.
A sudden excruciating pain had just erupted in the region of my right ear lobe.
It was a pain I recognised, a pain that I have come to associate with the activities of a certain ear biting green budgie who happened at that moment to be perched on my shoulder.
Presently the pain subsided.
"Greeny," I ventured. "Why do you keep biting my ear?"
The green budgie shrugged her feathers.
"We owe it to ourselves to live a little," she explained.
"You think that's an excuse?" quoth me in high dudgeon.
"Allah U Akbar," replied Greeny cryptically.

2 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Ah...high dudgeon. I've been there quite recently, but I didn't see you.
Nice to visit once in a while though!

3:44 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Schneewittchen.
Ours is a love fuelled by those who cried no.
(I mean yours and mine. Not whatever twisted relationship I have with the budgie.)
James

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home