The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, November 27, 2010

and the thunder rolls

This morning I was woken by a roll of thunder.
It was the loudest thunder I had ever heard.
It made me think of the end of the world.
The Korean situation and Al Qaeda and the agents of Satan had been much on my mind.
Yes.
The thunder sounded to me like the loudest thing I had ever heard and therefore like just the merest whisper of God.
It seemed to me he was saying: There is still time.
Still time to allow forgiveness into our hearts.
Still time to turn from evil.
Still time to rejoice in the light of God's mercy, God's light, God's beauty, God's truth and God's love.
Still time.
But the hour is getting late.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chamki said...

fear is the opposite of God.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Petra said...

Hi James

This is cute.
I understand your message, but this could not be the end of the world, as thunder is just like this. :) You are spoiled here in Ireland, that you are not used to this noise level...

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home