The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, February 13, 2012

can such things be

Me and Miss Arabia wandering down Grafton Street.
An aged travelling woman staggers towards us out of the rain, points a finger dramatically at Miss Arabia and intones with strange high mystic portent:
"She will be your wife. Sooooooon."
Miss Arabia looks a bit shook.
Naturally she is unaware that Mary has predicted I will marry every woman she's seen me with on Grafton Street for the past twenty years.
She's yet to get it right.
Miss Arabia and me begin to move off.
I turn to the travelling woman and cross her palm with a twenty spot.
"Be careful of this one Mary," I whisper conspiratorially. "She'd put a Fatwa on you soon as look at you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home