The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Friday, February 09, 2018

was there a man dismayed yes me i was pretty upset

"What have you got there?" wondered Farmer Jones.
"It's a box of books," quoth me.
"You're buying in bulk are you?" sez he.
"I've just bought ten copies of Anatomy Of An Epidemic by Robert Whitaker," quoth me.
"Why did you do that?" wondereth he.
"Because the book sums up the case against the pharmaceutical industry's hijacking of acadame and its attendant colonisation of the medical profession," quoth me.
"Ah will you ever stop going on about that?" sez he.
"I'm telling you this book contains the best marshalling of evidence I've yet seen to indicate mental pain is being systemically and falsely misrepresented as bio chemical or genetic solely in order to market so called anti depressants and anti psychotics which actually poison people," I enthused.
"What are you going to do with ten copies of it?" enquireth he enquiringly.
"I'm gonna give em to pols, docs, psychiatrists and opinion formers," I answered.
"How much did you spend on them?" sez he.
"Two hundred quid," quoth I.
"You're ****ing mad," sez he.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home