The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, December 10, 2020

an argument for atheism that bothered me

There was only one in the past few years.

It was an argument from experience.

I was availing of the services of the Irish hospital system during 2019.

A Pakistani anaesthetist at Tallaght hospital was giving me oxygen prior to my operation.

She told me her name was Jamie, probably short for Jameela which means beautiful.

She said: "You're getting oxygen. Now I'm just going to give you a different type of oxygen."

I blinked.

The operation was over and I was being revived five hours later.

During the blink of my eye I had no conception of the passage of time.

I began to wonder did the gap in my awareness of time imply that there was some truth to atheistic notions about the body being a machine.

I found the whole consideration most seditious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home