The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, February 15, 2021

i've been to the desert on a mouse with no name


"The next time you catch that mouse." exclaimed my maiden aunt, "you're to kill it."

"I couldn't kill Kinneavey," I cry aghast.

"I thought you said his name was Mousekin," quoth the aunt.

"I gave him a new name," I explained. "Remember our Cousin Decker Berney had a mouse. I've renamed this one after Decker Berney's mouse."

"Do you remember how that one ended?" National Enquirered the aunt darkly.

"Oh come on aunt," sez I, "the mouse is hardly going to build a palatial mansion in my garden on a corrupt patrol mouse's salary while riding drug hoors at the checkpoints and never having done a day's work in his life, then park his Mercedez Benz mouse cars in my driveway while maintaining a divorced mouse wife at another location, and have the Hutch gang move in next door while I conveniently die. That can't happen twice in the same family never mind the same town."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home