The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, April 22, 2021

soylent green



Morning talking to a young woman on the avenue.

She's confident and vital.

"I got the vaccine," she says.

"Oh you didn't," sez I.

"Of course I got it. I had to for my work."

"You didn't really have to."

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's made out of aborted babies."

"I never heard that."

"Ah."

"Maybe it isn't true."

Which just goes to show bold readers, as a CS Lewis character once proclaimed, there's wishful thinking in hell as well as in heaven.

Later this afternoon I met Farmer Jones at the takeaway coffee stand near the river in Newbridge. Across the river we could see bulldozers working to obliterate the last remaining fields around Newbridge in the interests of building new slums.

They're at it in my town of Kilcullen too.

Sure, who needs fields.

The guy in the coffee stand is handing us coffees.

"We got the vaccine today," Farmer Jones tells him.

"Good men," says the coffee guy.

"Hang on there, I didn't get it," sez I. "My friend means that he got it. I wouldn't touch it for love nor money."

"Well you're entitled to that position," says the coffee guy. "But it's time for everything to re open. We need to get moving. So I'm getting it."

"Do you know what it's made of?"

"No."

"It's made out of babies murdered in abortion."

"I never heard that."

"You're hearing it now."

"That's just something you read."

This evening I phoned an aunt in America for some light hearted badinage.

"I got the vaccine," she said.

"The bloody vaccine," groaned I, "and I mean bloody."

"I had to get it."

"Why don't you just shoot me?"

"James I believe in science. Do you not believe in science?"

"I believe in the scientific method as created by the Catholic Church and gifted to the world through the university system if that's what you mean. But I don't believe in allowing scientists in pursuit of money and fame to do whatever pops into their head. I don't believe in unprincipled science. I don't believe in Nazi science. I don't believe in Soviet science. And I don't believe in what we might call Western secular atheistic abortionist, euthanasist, assisted suicide, sex change, anti depressant, MMR, two A bombs for every girl, science. Scientists are like the rest of us. Some good. Some bad. Some evil. Some honest. Some less honest. Some thoroughly vile. A vast number of them, eminently corruptible. Without public scrutiny and driven by the profit motive and the quest for fame, I believe they are committing monstrous atrocities. Scientists without  principle, without any public moral scrutiny, are reducing science to barbarisms. The Nazis lost World War Two in the battlefield. In the laboratory they won."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home