The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, June 03, 2021

spiritual newness


 

Evening light and stillness.

Contemplating my excessive attachment to unimportant things.

A pile of small everyday objects on my kitchen table.

A wallet, car keys, some coins.

Think of all the time I waste worrying about these things.

Surely spiritual detachment is possible for me.

These things are not who I am.

Let it all go.

Place no importance on the objects.

The objects don't matter.

My identity doesn't have to be bound up with them.

Oh, think of the way I worry about them constantly.

Where are my car keys?

Where's my wallet?

Have I any change for the parking metre?

Where's my mobile phone?

There is a pulse in the universe.

No really.

Where is my mobile phone?

With a shock I realise I've lost the mobile phone.

I scan the table.

Not there among the objects towards which I've so lately achieved Nirvana like detachment.

I do a quick search around the house.

I check if it's in the car.

There is no sign of it.

"For ****'s sake," I scream detachedly. "I've lost my ****ing c--ting b-st-rding mobile phone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home