The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, January 08, 2023

ode to a thought

 

oh glistening thought

tell me you are more

than chemistry

woven into cell structure

electronically varied

by genetic depositions

amid the voodoo of my biology

and apelike inhibitions


say you are more

say you are an ontology

not just some whiff of the primordial soup

wafting through my neurology


come now glistening thought you can be blunt with me

surely you are more than a meaningless emission

an excrescence of physicality

arbitrarily dialled up

by jewelling jeans

over centuries of heredity


say you are more

i need you to be more

tell me you are an ontology

not just some random outpouring

of relativist atheistic codology


can the wondrousness of my speech

be nothing but a bullock belling in the fields

(the reciter makes three bullock calls)

an elephant trumpeting in the forest

(the reciter makes three elephant cries)

a bat squeak

(the reciter makes three bat squeaks)

but even these are wondrous enough for me

cogito ergo sum

i think therefore i am

nay nay and thrice nay

(the receiter makes three horse neighs.)

sum ergo cogito

i am therefore i think


let us be honest with one another glistening thought

if i am chemistry merely

what is your role

what is the keynote that makes you shine

and how can i ask this and be without a soul

for you an emblem of god

and yet you are mine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home