The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, March 31, 2024

eastertide

 

The tough man had recounted to me a few of the sensation scenes from his life.

He obviously wanted me to say something.

My face was Shakespearian grim.

What on earth could I say without wandering into cliches?

I have long laboured under the awareness that people who come to me, even people who hate me, expect me to come out with something good.

It wouldn't matter so much bold readers, only at odd moments, I have the unsettling feeling that the Deity expects the same thing.

I said: "Some of the mystics claim to have seen Jesus. They say he still has the wounds of the crucifixion. He is in glory. He  has conquered death. But he still has the wounds. His wounds are no longer what they were. They are no longer the signs of a murderous violation. They are a sign of his triumph. The evil that led to the infliction of those wounds has been entirely washed away in victory. So yes some of the mystics who claim to have seen him say the risen Christ who is all powerful still has the wounds from his earthly torture. And I'm saying the wounds have been transformed into a part of his glory.  He doesn't have to have them. They are there to tell us something about suffering and the cosmic battle and the true nature of things. My testimony to you is this. You've told me some things. I cannot make those things okay. But I know that no matter what you've suffered if you turn to God your wounds will become a part of your glory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home