The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, July 15, 2006

rambling

Sitting with the Dad watching baseball some time after 3am.
My mind is wandering.
I'm not paying any attention to the television.
I'm thinking: What's the most seditious thing in the faith?
The answer that comes is... the reality of Jesus.
That's the most surprising, the most revolutionary, the most unexpected thing.
Even those who think they are believers will occasionally wake up one morning after many years feeling an incredible joy.
The joy being that everything they thought they already believed is suddenly present to them as reality.
How real is the Lord?
I'm thinking to myself...
He's real.
He's right here, right now.
He's in this room with me and the Dad.
I wonder could he possibly be as bored with the baseball as I am?

2 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Oh yeah...yep...absolutely he was bored with the baseball, who wouldn't be?
Sorry Genevieve, I guess prolly you wouldn't.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Actually, I'm not much of a baseball fan, or a football fan either. If I must watch sports, I prefer basketball.

Or golf. I'm rather fond of watching golf. ;)

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home