The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Thursday, July 06, 2006

what dreams may come

A dream last night.
Aunty Marie had come to me.
She was not in her glory. (I mean she was not in the angelic form she would have in heaven. And yes I genuinely believe I had word from the Lord a few weeks ago that she is in heaven already!)
In last night's dream she was as I knew her in life.
But she was crying.
She said she was worried about me.
I asked why.
She said: "Because you have nothing."
I held her hand.
I said simply, sincerely and with great fondness: "I have friends. My family thinks the sun shines out of me. And I have the years. Years to complete the work I was born to do."
I awoke smiling.

3 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

I do not doubt that you were somehow visited by your aunt.

This is a true story. I once had a very vivid dream about an old boyfriend. (In real life, we went our separate ways long ago, but without hard feelings.) In my dream, I saw him again and he was so happy to see me and gave me a big hug. When I woke, I felt happy to think that we were still friends after all the years. Even though it was only a dream, it seemed very real. A few weeks later, I happened to find on the internet a notice of his death several months earlier.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Schneewittchen said...

I agree with Genevieve, if I remember rightly it is not so long since Aunty Marie passed. I myself had many such dreams after my parents passed and there was a different atmosphere from when I had a dream about them. And you were right to reassure her like that. And you were right about what you have. And you shouldn't have been so modest to your aunty, you have your talent too.

6:07 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

Gen, your story is a gift, a blessing.
Schnee meine kleine nachtmusik! Sie sind schon.
James

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home