The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

the rubaii'yat of heeler the peeler

One of my Arabs back in Easons bookshop cafe.
She is sitting at an adjoining table on her own, shooting me sidelong glances.
She wears traditional body length dress and shawl. It is a most flirtatious version of the traditional garb though, with bits of lace on the hem, and rich purple material embroidered into the black.
She looks at me as she adjusts the shawl and a lock of dark hair falls onto her forehead.
I favour her with a fond smile.
A great weight passes from my spirit.
At this moment I am profoundly grateful to her.
With the war on terror I could easily have wandered into hatred of nations and peoples.
But when I see her I am conscious only of the majesty of the creator written in his creation.
A doorway for evil into my heart has been closed.
She has closed it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Heelers, Heelers, Heelers. Are ye after thinking the devil dresses in black leather and red horns and lets his tail hang out and all? Noooooo, no, no, no *shakes head* he's damn cunning that devil. This one is clearly there to put you off the scent of the lovely Nicola. Ah, Nicola, you remember Nicola? This one doesn't even have a name - although if I remember rightly from the song, Jezebel was the devil in disguise.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home