The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

the end of innocence

Morning at the Chateau De Healy.
The young scion is sitting in the kitchen with a cup of tea.
(Young Zionist, surely? - Ed note.)
Enter the Mammy stage left.
The noble Heelers looks up from his reverie.
"I still can't figure out," sez I, "why ould South Koreany would be so upset by my red eye. She couldn't even look at me. She wouldn't make conversation. She just sat there and bolted at the earliest opportunity. It was amazing."
"You're an innocent man," quoth the Mammy.
"What do you mean?" sez I.
"I mean," quoth the Mammy, "that you wouldn't know a hangover if it came up and bit you on the arse."

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I think your Mom and I are a lot alike.

6:38 AM  
Blogger heelers said...

In a good way.
James

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home