The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, September 13, 2009

the monica leech laugh in

Here's one for all you Spanish fans.
Question: Cuantos casas hay en Sprinfil?
Answer: Milhouse.
*****
The question means: "How many houses are there in Springfield?" It refers to the hometown of the Simpsons cartoon family.
The answer is a play on the Spanish for thousand "Mil," and the English for house, and on the name of Bart Simpson's best friend Milhouse. This is the first Spanish joke I've ever understood. For those of you gentle readers who have Spanish friends, let me give you a phrase that is going to prove vital in any discourse with a Spanish person... "Tus bromas me caen fatale." It means: "Your jokes kill me."

1 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Netz said...

Glad you explained that, Heelers. Not being a Simpsons fan, I missed the cultural references and thus the entire joke. When I understood, it fell on me fatally. ;)

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home