The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, January 30, 2010

the lateness of the hour

Coffee with Frederica in the Cafe Des Beaux Parvenus at Newbridge Silverware.
I'm keeping a weather eye out for that cracking Natalie Collins bird, the manageress.
Aroogah, as we do say in the trade.
Frederica said: "I think Bishop Eamon Walsh is a good man."
I said: "So what are you going to do about Independent Newspapers, the Irish Times and RTE hounding him from office using the false ascriptions of guilt in Yvonne Murphy's report into child abuse?"
She said: "I have a family to rear. This is not in my area of influence. There is nothing I can do."
I was silent.
Here we are bold readers.
If an honest, courageous, left wing woman like Frederica, never a pro Catholic I emphasise, but certainly a woman of integrity, if even she knows full well that Bishop Eamon Walsh has been hounded from office by Nazis, if she knows it and is choosing to do nothing about it, then we are living in a country where the Nazis are already in charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home