The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, February 15, 2010

just a closer walk with thee

Watching Russia Today with the Contessa.
Russia Today is the English language news station being used by President Putin to prepare his people for a return to sovietism.
I've been asking the Contessa do Russians really want to go back to the dark ages with some sort of resovietised dictatorship.
She says communism wasn't so bad.
I tell her that the younger generation have forgotten the lessons of history and that communism was hell on earth.
She says that no it was only tough on a minority of people who opposed it.
I say that Russian communism created misery for Russian people and left Russia despised in every single country along its borders.
I add that Russian communists were responsible for creating the mass murdering dictatorships of Africa and China.
She says I'm exaggerating.
We pause to contemplate Al Gurnov's Hard Talk programme on Russia Today.
Al is interviewing a certain Khaled Mashal the head of Hamas, Iran's proxy terror army in the Gaza Strip.
The programme may be called Hard Talk but Al is not talking tough.
He's being very gentle with this Muslim psychopath.
Perhaps they could rename the show Simpering Talk.
I groan.
"Do you see this?" I cry. "Russians treating Muslim murderers as if they're your friends. Has Al forgotten the Beslan school slaughter where the Muslims massacred hundreds of children? Has he forgotten the North East Theatre murders in Moscow. Maybe Al isn't much of a theatre goer. What is going on here? Does President Putin really think he can farm Muslim terror for short term advantage against America? Is he really stupid enough to play that game? Has he abandoned all notions of a partnership with the west? Is he really hitching the destiny of the ancient and beautiful Russian people to the illiterate uncultured Islamic scum who wish to destroy us all?"
The Contessa shook her lovely head.
"James you're paranoid," she said.
"Did President Putin send you to seduce me?" I parried optimistically.
"If I was here to seduce you, you'd know all about it," she grinned.
"And you're not a member of any black magic sect?" I pressed.
"No," she said.
"And you're not a member of any organisation styling itself the Free Masons, or any other organisation which might want me dead?" I probed.
She shrugged.
"Hey," she said, "maybe I just like you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home