The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Sunday, August 22, 2010

still life with hamster

Baby Ham, the new hamster, has just finished scrambling from my shoulder onto the chair and attempting from the back of the chair to climb up the wall.
Now she's sitting in the palm of my hand.
Quite still.
She appears to be staring at the far wall.
"What are you thinking of Hammy?" quoth I.
"Nothing," sez she.
"What were you hoping to find at the top of the wall after you climbed it?" enquired me.
"Something," replied Hammy.
"Yes but what exactly?" persisted I.
"The mystical something all hamsters are looking for," explained Hammy.
"And if you found it what would you do with it?" wondered I.
"I'd put it in my cheek pouch and bring it home with me," answered Hammy confidently.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schneewittchen said...

Very Wind in the Willows James.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home