The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, January 08, 2011

the lady

When Tracy Anne was six years old she fell ill suddenly.
She was taken to hospital.
Her mother was with her at the bedside.
The child said: "Mammy, who is that beautiful lady?"
Her mother said: "It's me Tracy Anne. I'm with you."
The child said: "No, not you. The one at the end of the bed."
Her mother said: "I'm the only one here Tracy Anne. I'm not going to leave you."
The child said: "I can see you Mammy. But who is the beautiful lady at the end of the bed? She's so beautiful."
Her mother stared into the empty space at the end of the bed.
"Oh blessed mother Mary," she said. "I know you've come to take her to heaven. Please don't take her. Leave her with me."
That night the child suffered major organ failure.
In the morning she strengthened.
She lives a few miles from me.
She is in her thirties, married, with children of her own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home