The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Saturday, September 09, 2017

when the joke needs an explanation it's not a good joke


If Heelers Had Been An Advertising Executive...


A girl is walking down Grafton Street with me.
She's known me for years.
Suddenly I exclaim: "You're wearing F---ing Stupid, arent' you?"
The girl looks nonplussed.
I sprint away from her over to a flower seller who says in rich Dublinese: "Do ye want flowers luv?"
I reply: "Give me the biggest bunch you've got. How much are they? Yoikes. No, not those then. Okay. That little blue bunch."
I return to the girl and present her with the flowers.
A coolo narrator voice intones: "When a man you've met many times before suddenly buys you flowers, that's F---ing Stupid."

*******

The explanation for the joke:
Some years ago there was an ad for Impulse Body Spray on television where a man overwhlemed by the scent of her Scent rushes up to a girl in the street and presents her with flowers.
The narrator then pronounced the classic tag line: "When a man you've never met before suddenly buys you flowers, that's Impulse."
My version actually happened.
And if chance had made me a business mogul I think I could have marketed F---ing Stupid successfully.
If you people aren't laughing by now, just go away and don't come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home