The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

the saint patrick's day massacre

(Vladdie the Pute has a cousin in the Irish parliament)

"Have the Gaelers gone mad! Are they serious about social distancing? How can they enforce it?"
"It's the way it is. In a public space you've got to stand a few feet from everyone else. No touching."
I sighed.
I had a feeling.
A feeling in my water.
Sort of like when Darth Vader senses a bowel movement in the Farce.
Just as many of the cafes, pubs and restaurants who are being forced to close by government edict, will never reopen, it seems eminently sensible to assume that many of the flirty women who are being interdicted from their favourite passtime by governmental anathematising of proximity, may never flirt again.
For the first time the Corona Virus shenanigans appeared to me as a crisis.
I struggled for words.
"Why it's... it's... unholy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home