The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Wednesday, July 01, 2020

novelty music video in aid of something.

The song is a parody of Alfie by Neil Tenant.
The video shows me giving a lift to four rather attractive girls, which is a vague reference to the Bangles video where Mr Spock gives a lift to one very attractive girl and the other three Bangles.
I am bald as a coot and wearing a Star Trek uniform. The girls peer into the car and seeing my Star Trek uniform hesitate. This is a reference to the Sixty Miles An Hour video by New Order.
I say: "Oh this. Oh no. It's not what you think. The uniform is for my job."
The girls pile into the car.
Than I say: "I'm a starship captain."
The girls look alarmed.
We hear Michael Caine's voice from nowhere saying: "Right. Are we all settled in? We can begin. My name is..."
I interrupt to say: "Captain Jean Luc Picard."
Then the song starts.

"Once
there was a time
when I believed in transporter beams.
Mmm yeah
And once
There was a time
When time travel seemed a realistic theme
Nerdle ner ner ner
But not now
Ner ner ner
Now Im resigned
To the kind of life I've always reserved
For other starship captains
Less smart than I
You know
The ones who always end up married to Green Orion Slave girls.
Oh come on
Everybody knows that force fields are a crock
Just like a space ship going at light speed could never stop
But the more I live through
The more I find
I'm becoming more like William Shatner
Ner ner ner ner ner
Once
There was a time
When a man in a chicken suit was a stunningly realistic special effect
Mmm yes
And once
There was a ti-i-i-ime
When Captain Kirk groping the lady characters was politically correct
But not now
Now we've redefined
What's real
And what's accepti-bulllll
Ner ner ner
With the net result
The ratings declined
And the universe has become incredibly bloody dull
Oh come on
Everybody knows that time travel is a mess
Just like phasers are  ridic-u-lous
But the more I live through
The more I find
I'm becoming more like William Shatner
(Except for the hair)
Nrt ner ner ner ner ner"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home