The Heelers Diaries

the fantasy world of ireland's greatest living poet

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kilcullen (Phone 087 7790766), County Kildare, Ireland

Monday, June 29, 2020

ode to a thought

oh glistening thought
tell me you are more
than chemistry
woven into cell structure
electronically varied
by genetic dispositions
in the voodoo of my biology
and apelike inhibitions

i must know
are you an ultimately existant ontology
or just some whiff of the primordial soup
wafting through my neurology

come now glistening thought
you can be blunt with me
surely you are more
than a meaningless emission
an excrescence of physicality
accidentally dialled up
by jewelling jeans
over centuries of heredity

surely you are more
i need you to be more
say you are an ontology
not just some pseudopod
of relativist atheistic codology

is the wondrousness of my speech
just a bullock belling in the fields
an elephant trumpetting in the forest
a bat squeak
but even these
are wondrous enough for me
i think therefore i am
 neigh neigh and thrice neigh
i am therefore i think

let us be honest with each other glistening thought
if i am chemistry merely
what is your role
what is the keynote
that makes you shine
and how can i ask this
and be without a soul
for you an emblem of god
and yet you are mine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home